Terms & Conditions | Privacy
Terms and Conditions | Privacy
These Terms and Conditions comprise the following:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Directory Information Disclaimer
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
- OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
2.1.3 our Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy; and
2.1.4 any other policies that we may adopt and publish from time to time.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Site https://counsellingandtherapy.com is registered to and operated by Heartland Activities Ltd, a private limited company incorporated in Ireland under company number 611856 with its registered office at Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8..
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
4.2 Please check these page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- CHANGES TO OUR SITE
5.1 We may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
5.2 Heartland Activities Ltd does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- ACCESSING THE SITE
6.1 The Site is made available free of charge.
6.2 Heartland Activities Ltd does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis. Heartland Activities Ltd may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. Heartland Activities Ltd will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
6.3 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
- YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
7.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
7.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
8.1 Heartland Activities Ltd is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
8.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our Site.
8.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
8.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
8.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
- NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
9.1 The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
9.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
10.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
10.3 Heartland Activities Ltd will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
10.3.1 use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
10.3.2 use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
10.4 If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for any:
10.4.1 loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
10.4.2 business interruption;
10.4.3 loss of anticipated savings;
10.4.4 loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
10.4.5 indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10.5 You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10.6 Heartland Activities Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
10.7 Heartland Activities Ltd assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. Heartland Activities Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
11.1 Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
11.2 You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
11.3 By providing any content to this web site:
11.3.1 you agree to grant Heartland Activities Ltd a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology already known at the time of provision or developed subsequently;
11.3.2 you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant Heartland Activities Ltd the license specified in this section 11;
11.3.3 you acknowledge and agree that Heartland Activities Ltd will have the right (but not obligation), at its entire discretion, to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
11.4 Heartland Activities Ltd also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
11.5 Heartland Activities Ltd will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
11.6 Heartland Activities Ltd has the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
11.7 The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
12.1 Heartland Activities Ltd does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
12.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
12.3 You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Heartland Activities Ltd will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- LINKING TO OUR SITE
13.1 You may link to our Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
13.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
13.3 You must not establish a link to our Site without contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain our prior consent.
13.4 Our Site must not be framed on any other site.
13.5 Heartland Activities Ltd reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
13.6 The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
13.7 If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
14.1 Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
14.2 Heartland Activities Ltd has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
14.3 Resources, goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through the Site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties will be governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. Heartland Activities Ltd will not in any manner be liable for or responsible for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- CONTACT US
To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and Heartland Activities Ltd (or “us”) under which you may access the website https://counsellingandtherapy.com (the “Site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Site.
The Site (https://counsellingandtherapy.com) is registered to and operated by Heartland Activities Ltd, a private limited company incorporated in Ireland under company number 611856 with its registered office at Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- Knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation chat rooms and bulletin boards (“Interactive Services”). Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will endeavour to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on the Site, and we will endeavour to decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user.
The use of any Interactive Service by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using an Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (each such contribution, a “Contribution”), and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where facts are stated).
- Be genuinely held (where opinions are stated).
- Comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
Heartland Activities Ltd will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
DIRECTORY INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
- CounsellingandTherapy.com is the trading name of Heartland Activities Ltd, number 611856, a company incorporated in Ireland with its registered office at Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland. CounsellingandTherapy.com operates an online directory (the “Directory”) for counselling and other professionals (the “Subscribers”) on the website domain https://counsellingandtherapy.com (the “Site”).
- Care has been taken in the creation of the Directory and attempts made to present and maintain accurate and up-to-date information, however inaccuracies may occasionally occur. Heartland Activities Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within its website pages. If you discover any information on the Site that you believe is inaccurate or inappropriate, please kindly contact us at email@example.com.
- You accept that the Directory and all information published on it is merely an on-line directory of Subscribers. This information is provided by the Subscriber and published for the public (“Website Information”), but does not in any way constitute a reference, validation or in any way an endorsement of any information provided to you, the website user (“User”), or any recommendation or endorsement of the Subscriber or services offered by the Subscriber. A Subscriber entry does not mean Heartland Activities Ltd endorses the qualifications or professionalism of the Subscriber.
- Whilst Heartland Activities Ltd. will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website Information is accurate, the liability for providing accurate Website Information rests with the Subscriber and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Heartland Activities Ltd excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied. Furthermore, Heartland Activities Ltd will not be liable to the User for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the Site, the use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site, loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You the User accept that it is your duty to verify the Website Information before relying on it. You further accept that Heartland Activities Ltd shall not be liable for advice or counselling given by a Subscriber or actions taken by you as a result of such Subscriber advice or counselling.
- Heartland Activities Ltd is not responsible for any content or information published or links to other websites which may appear on the Site.
- The information displayed by Heartland Activities Ltd on the Site is a directory for information only. It is not intended in any way to be a substitute for medical advice or the advice of any other healthcare professional. Heartland Activities Ltd shall not be liability or responsible for any decisions or diagnoses provided by Subscribers in connection with a referral from the Directory.
- You the User expressly agree that you will not sell or trade in any materials on the Site or redistribute Website Information in any way or for any purpose including the compiling of databases, lists or directories or providing commercial information to any third party or any commercial or other reason.
- You agree that the Site is provided for personal use only for those wishing to engage the services of a Subscriber. You agree not to use the Site for commercial purposes including contacting Subscribers to promote your goods or services.
- Heartland Activities Ltd shall not be liable for any interruption or temporary or otherwise shut down of the Site or any omissions, interruptions, suspension or deletion of emails.
- Heartland Activities Ltd does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet.
- You accept that any telephone numbers listed on this Website may be recorded for security purposes.
Heartland Activities Ltd, a private limited company incorporated in Ireland under company number 611856 with its registered office at Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor’s Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland (“Heartland Activities Ltd” and “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts in force in Ireland, the data controller is
Data Protection Commissioner,
Co.Laois, R32 AP23
+353 57 8684800
+353 (0)761 104 800
Lo Call 1890 252 231
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service or when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our membership service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub- contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Irish Companies Act 2014.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CounsellingandTherapy.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site, so any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You the right to access information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Irish Data Protection Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.